The functions, responsibilities and institutions coming under the purview of Industries Ministry and the Agriculture Ministry have been amended through a Gazette Extraordinary, effective from June 17.
The communiqué was published by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa on Friday (June 18).
As per the gazette notification, the following institutions have been gazetted under the Industries Ministry:
1. Ceylon Industrial Development Board
2. Lanka Leyland Ltd.
3. Lanka Ashok Leyland Ltd.
4. National Paper Corporation Ltd.
5. Kahagolle Engineering Services Company
6. Manthai Salt Ltd.
7. Elephant Pass Saltern
8. Centre of Excellence for Robotic
9. Lanka Cement Ltd.
10. Sri Lanka Cement Corporation
11. Lanka Mineral Sands Company
12. Paranthan Chemicals Ltd.
13. Kahatagaha Graphite
14. Ceylon Ceramics Corporation (Brick and
15. BCC (Pvt.) Limited
16. National Enterprise Development Authority
Meanwhile, the Agriculture and Agrarian Insurance Board, the Department of Agriculture, Janatha Estate Development Board and Lanka Phosphate Company Ltd. have been gazetted under the Agriculture Ministry.