A Gazette Extraordinary has been issued creating a new portfolio titled Minister of Technology and Investment Promotion and Minister of Women, Child Affairs & Social Empowerment.
This was announced in a communiqué published by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa last night (June 09), amending a previous gazette notification issued by him on the 27th of May, by virtue of the powers vested in him under paragraph (1) (a) of Article 44 of the Constitution.
Through the amended gazette notification, several duties, functions, departments, statutory institutions and public corporations under the purview of the Minister of Defence.
Thereby, the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL), Department of Registration of Persons and Board of Investment, which were listed under the Defence Ministry have now been assigned to the Ministry of Technology and Investment Promotion.
Departments and institutions gazetted under the purview of the Minister of Technology and Investment Promotion are listed below:
1. Department of Registration of Persons
2. Department of Immigration and Emigration
3. Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka and Allied Institutions
4. Information and Communication Technology Agency and Allied Institutions
5. Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team
6. Sri Lanka Telecom and its Subsidiaries and Allied Institutions
7. Colombo Lotus Tower Management Company (Pvt.) Limited
8. Techno Park Development Company (Pvt.) Limited
9. Information Technology Parks (Jaffna & Mannar)
10. Industrial Technology Institute
11. Sri Lanka Institute of Nanotechnology (Pvt.) Ltd.
12. Sri Lanka Standards Institute
13. Sri Lanka Institute of Biotechnology (Pvt.) Ltd.
14. Board of Investment of Sri Lanka
15. Colombo Port City Economic Commission
Departments and institutions gazetted under the purview of the Minister of Women, Child and Social Empowerment are listed below:
1. National Committee on Women
2. Sri Lanka Women’s Bureau
3. Department of Probation and Childcare Services
4. National Child Protection Authority
5. National Secretariat for Early Childhood Development
6. Department of Samurdhi Development
7. Saubhagya Development Bureau
8. National Institute of Social Development
9. Rural Development Training and Research Institute
10. Social Security Board
11. National Council for Persons with Disabilities
12. National Secretariat for Persons with Disabilities
13. Department of Social Services
14. National Council for Elders and National Secretariat for Elders
15. Kidney Fund – ada derana